Copyright protects original works of authorship, such as photos, videos, musical recordings, novels, and visual artwork, to name a few. The internet has made the dissemination of copyrighted material easier than ever, resulting in both enforcement challenges and monetization opportunities for rights holders. It is vital that copyright owners employ a development, monetization, and enforcement strategy that leverages practical advice and innovative solutions.
Florek & Endres is experienced in building strong IP portfolios for clients through the strategic procurement of copyright registrations and through enforcement measures designed to protect rights holders from unauthorized use of their works without proper royalty compensation.
Practice Area Highlights
Our copyright practice includes:
- Copyright registration for works such as logos, packaging, software, photos, artwork, audio recordings, and video productions.
- Strategic counseling relating to areas such as portfolio development, fair use, and infringement.
- Copyright licensing, transfer, and due diligence.
- Copyright enforcement and takedown notices.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act guidance.
For information about the industries that Florek & Endres work in please visit our Industry page.